Last weekend Tyler and I headed to the Texas State Fair.
It was a chilly evening with some drizzling, but I was happy!

We got there fairly late in the day and the fair was busy. We walked around a bit, then stopped for a cooking demonstration by kitchen craft.
I fell in love. and then fell out of love once they told us the cost. But truth be told I have dreams about their cookware. one day... one day.
We then watched the parade.
I fell in love. and then fell out of love once they told us the cost. But truth be told I have dreams about their cookware. one day... one day.
We then watched the parade.
And got some ribbon fries/Texas tater twists.
Watched the illumination sensation show next where they had this huge screen, lights, fountain, and fire show to music. It was pretty neat.
The end song was "God Bless the USA". If you know the song well you know the verses that start talking about some of the states, well... when we got to "Across the plains of Texas" you would have thought that some country superstar had appeared flying through the sky. People were cheering so hard. One of the things we do love about living in Texas is the pride that people have of being Texan, southern, their chili, their football, the barbecue, you name it... they're proud. That was fun.
Tyler and I in a fuzzy picture of Big Tex.
They had an exhibition on carved pumpkins that were pretty neat.
We rode the big ferris wheel and walked around the rides
1 comment:
You look so cute! Texas pride is what bugs Sam the most about the state. Haha. I guess I don't have any feelings about Texas either way. I miss you though. What have you been up to? I was thinking about you yesterday!
Post a Comment