Thursday, February 25, 2010

a little getaway

We took a little trip on Valentine's weekend to Oklahoma City.
It was the snowy week in Texas, we left it behind and off we went on Friday afternoon to our romantic weekend.


We stopped at the border and loaded up on brochure goodies at the visitors center.




We stayed at the beautiful historic Skirvin Hilton Hotel in downtown OKC.



I found an awesome deal online for it, but the catch was that we could possibly be given a double bed room instead of a king. I put down that we would prefer a king, and just kind of expected it to happen.

Just our luck it didn't.


I walked into the room and saw the tiny double beds, and I almost cried. I told Tyler it just wasn't going to work and marched myself down to the reception center.

Tyler stayed in the room.

I gave the attendant my sob story about how we hardly ever sleep together since we work opposite shifts, and how this was our first weekend getaway since we got married almost five years ago, and was totally tearing up. I was mortified by my own behavior, but I was seriously heartbroken.

She looked at me with some major pity and said she'd talk to her manager.
After that we ended up with this room


For a small $50 fee for both nights they upgraded us to a suite with a king size bed.

I'm still embarassed about how I acted, but I miss sleeping together. So next time you go to OKC... stay at the Skirvin.

No comments: