Saturday, July 12, 2008

Unsung Lullaby



Despite my better judgment that I needed to be studying for the last hour I took the time to finish Josi Kilpack's book. I have a habit that I must read before sleeping in bed. I cannot fall asleep without reading at least a sentence. Tyler has woken up several times to my lamp on and me sleeping, but still holding a book open in my hands. Yes... sometimes I sleep all night long holding the book open. I first read Kilpack's book "To Have Or To Hold" last year. I enjoyed it tremendously and this year acquired "Unsung Lullaby".

You can read the description of the book and the first chapter on her website here.
You can also read Josi's blogspot here.

I just loved this book. I feel like she did such a good job at captivating you into the feelings that women, men and couples go through as they are faced with infertility problems. It felt human and I was grateful that even if it is an LDS fiction, she made the gospel real and the struggles of life, repentance, forgiveness alive. I would highly recommend both of her books I've read to anyone. Some reviewers have said that it was predictable, but even though you hoped for a certain ending I felt like I could never be sure that it would really happen until the very end of the book. I hope some of you will get a chance to read her work and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Now really... back to studying! Five days until my final and two days until test 3. Eek!!!

No comments: