Our fence has been looking worn for a little while now. It'd sway back and forth during windy days. We knew it'd be gone sometime in the next year. But apparently the weather had it in for us. Last night I was at the temple working. Tyler was home. Right when I was getting changed to come home I could hear some serious rain. Several of the workers were out in the foyer waiting for the rain to pass. The rain was going towards my house so I wasn't going to wait. I ran to my car and started driving. I called Tyler and he said things didn't look good.
There were tornado watches all over the place and it was pouring pretty hard. While we were talking all of the sudden he goes "well there goes our fence". I thought he was joking for sure, but no, he meant it. We got off the phone and shortly after he called and said that there was a tornado spotted in our area, I asked him what the heck he wanted me to do and if he had gone in the laundry room with the puppies. He was watching the news and said it was moving pretty fast so I could come home. The sirens hadn't gone off yet, and they never did. I got home just fine. There was some serious debris on the roads from the winds, one of our neighbors had their fence blown off too.
I looked at it more closely today. Oklahoma got the worse of it, but the storm is moving and causing some damage in Mississippi. We really are lucky it was just the fence. I guess we better get going on those taxes.
1 comment:
My goodness! Our fence is in shambles, too, and now I'm going to start worrying about it blowing over... Dear.
Post a Comment