
Tyler and I had a very relaxing weekend. Sort of. On Friday night we went to the dollar theater and we watched "Made of Honor". We enjoyed it quite a bit. There were about two crude scenes that we could have done without. We also went out to dinner at Cici's pizza buffet. I'm not sure that was the smartest decision because we were both stuffed silly afterwards. It was nice to go on a date and relax. I had spent all day studying for a big test... about 10 hours.

On Saturday Tyler mowed the lawn while I studied for another 6 hours. In the evening we went to the temple with our ward to do baptisms. We love going to the temple. The Dallas temple is about 30 minutes from our house. We hadn't done baptisms since we got married, so that was a nice change of pace. Our bishop treated everyone to Braums ice cream afterwards. We then went to dinner at On the border Mexican grill for some much needed dinner! We shared a meal and it was very yummy.
Sunday was Tyler's first early morning meeting Sunday. I didn't feel very good so I ended up staying home, I'm not sure the chips and salsa sat well with me. I feel icky most of the day, and studied some more for my test. When Tyler got home from church he spent most of the afternoon e-mailing people in the ward and organizing things for the young men. Our puppies got a much needed bath! We watched The little mermaid and wipeout, and went to bed. In spite of all the studying and work we needed to do it was nice to just be home for most of the weekend.
Last Saturday we went and picked up our pottery at Color Me Mine. We haven't gotten a chance to use it, but we hope to have some friends over so we can put it into action!



I think that it turned out pretty cute.
We had lunch at Chipotle and then we went for the much waited Soft serve chocolate ice cream!


I was pretty giddy about it. It was more creamy than what I have been craving, but it was worth the try. I miss Dan Food's chocolate cones. That's what I'm craving. If only we lived closer to Utah!
After our ice cream we came home and just hung out the rest of the evening. Tyler had some work that he needed to get done. We got our tickets to the Sarah Brightman Symphony concert in the mail. We're really excited to go to it in November. She's doing a shorter tour and we're lucky enough that she'll be making a stop here in Dallas!
3 comments:
That all sounds like so much fun! Your pottery turned out really cute. I love Color Me Mine. And I can't believe how much studying you have to do. That stinks. I'm pretty sure I couldn't be a nurse for that reason alone. I hate studying.
I have to tell you thank you so much for having the link to "A Year of CrockPotting!" I love crockpot recipes, but it can be hard to find many gluten free ones, especially all in the same place. Well, all of hers are gluten free! I'm seriously so excited!
Hey!!! How are you guys?! I'm so glad you have a blog! Things are good here. Too bad you couldn't have come over for the 4th of July picnic we had fun!
Thais, You really need to stop posting about the Food in TX. We worked there in Ft. Worth last Summer, and I really miss the steakhouses. Nothing like a nice Texas steak!
Post a Comment