Thursday, July 10, 2008

Let us entertain you!

Last Sunday Tyler and I had his new 2nd counselor over for dinner along with his wife. We love to have people over our house for dinner and games. Like I mentioned before they're new to the ward and expecting their first baby. I believe we outdid ourselves this time around. I've learned throughout the years that in order to be a good hostess all I need to do is some good, detailed planning and some prep ahead work. This time we chose to make my famous homemade lasagna (the Brazilian version). The lasagna is layered with lasagna noodle, red meat sauce, four cheese white sauce, ham, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese. It really is delicious. Not too sound too prideful but last Sunday's was by far my best batch.




We started the night with some conversation and appetizers. We had cheese cubes (mozzarella and colby jack), green olives, black olives, 7 layer dip, bread and olive oil dippings. We got to use our new bowl that we made for our anniversary and I have to say that it is such a cute dish and perfect for so many things. I'm glad we picked that one.





We played "Celestial companions game" while the lasagna baked. It's a fun game and a good one to get to know people. We got our favorite games out, but only ended up playing that one.

After games we had dinner. We had lasagna, ceasar salad, a fruit salad (red grapes, watermelon, oranges, raspberries, and strawberries), and of course bread. We talked quite a bit around the table after dinner and then we had dessert. I made a dessert called Striped delight. Even though we were all super full by now. Everyone seemed to enjoy all of our food. I really enjoy entertaining over at our house and making things pretty in platters. We spent quite a bit of time cooking that day, but it was great. It was nice to get to know Matt and Vernice better and befriend them. I hope we can it again soon after this semester ends!

3 comments:

MerryPair said...

Ok, for some reason, I've never seen this blog of yours. I've seen your nursing one, but this one is GREAT! YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL! You guys look like you sure know how to have fun! I should take some lessons from you in cooking, I stink.

LeaAnne said...

Sounds like a really fun night!
We also LOVE to have people come over! It is a blast! The food looks great!

Josi said...

Where do you live again? I think I need a dinner invitation. I love it when women take pride in good homemaking--that sounds weird, but being the Goddess of my household is one of my great joys in life! Congrats.