
It was raining in Texas Monday through Wednesday. Today was the first no rain day of the week and we were back up in the 90's. While it was in the high 70's, low 80's earlier in the week. I want the rain to come back!!! I love the cooler weather. Fall won't start here until October, but I'm ready for it now.
Since it was raining hard on Monday Tyler ended up staying home and working from here so he wouldn't have to deal with traffic and so he could be with his favorite wife. At night for FHE we decided to go to the dollar theater and watch Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. We went to the 8:30pm showing thinking since it was such a long movie that kids would not be there. Oh we were wrong! There was a father with 5 young children, and a single mom with a 3 year old that cried, screamed, and ran up and down the isles during a good part of the movie. Now tell me... what in the world is a 3 yr old doing at a movie that is rated PG and ends at 11:00pm!!! That 3yr old needed to be in bed before the movie even started! But I digress.
We both loved the first movie, but this one didn't quite make it. Yes it was beautiful. But Tyler has to fill in the gaps quite a bit since he's read the first 3 books. I was confused through most of it, and I couldn't stop giggling whenever Caspian would speak. It was a cross between Narnia and Zorro. He just had a bad accent and I kept waiting for him to break into "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die." I especially couldn't stop laughing towards the end of the movie, any time he'd speak I'd just laugh. When I came home I looked the books up and apparently they skipped one book which explains the gaps. The books go in the following order:
2. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
5. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
2 comments:
Hi, you don't know me - but I saw your post due to Google Alerts about Narnia. Actually none of the Narnia books have been skipped in the movie making order (so far) and none are intended to be skipped. They are being made in the publication order (thus 'LW&W first, PC second, VDT third, SC, H&HB, MN, LB).
ok I know nothing about Narnia, movies, books and such...but in reading your post....I laughed so hard at this...
"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father prepare to die."
My brother got diabetes at age 4 and so many times when he would be sick...mom would let him watch movies...his faorite was princess bride...he could recite many of the scenes...this was one of his favorite things to say...always made me laugh...and you brought back a fun memory...
Post a Comment