Sunday, August 3, 2008

Randy's visit


This weekend we got the chance of having my father-in-law come visit for a few days. He was up in Wichita Falls for work and drove down to spend the weekend with us. We mostly hung out and watched TV, we got his favorite pizza at Peter Piper Pizza for lunch, and then we went to dinner at Cheddar's and we went to the dollar theater to watch "What Happens in Vegas". We really enjoyed the movie. It had some crude things in it, but not as much as I expected. I was actually impressed with how clean it ended up being. Today we went to church with him and spent some more time with him before he went back to Wichita Falls for work. I hope to have more things planned for when he comes next time. Maybe we can go to the zoo or a Rangers game.

Not much has been going on lately besides school and work. I just finished two weeks worth or clinicals and have two left before I am officially a semester 3 nursing student. Which means I'm halfway done! This semesters clinicals have been intense, I'm with the "mean" professor but while she has been tough, she has also been great. I'm finally starting to think like a nurse and not as a student. I'm opening up to my patients and really trying to figure out what they need. During the week I run on about 4 hrs of sleep a night and then crash on thursday night. I seriously sleep for 10-12 hrs from thursday night to friday morning. And the rest of the weekend is spent "recovering". Tyler has been wonderful. He has been making dinner on mondays, tuesdays, and thursdays and cleaning the dishes afterwards. He's been very supportive and has helped my stress level go down a bit because of it. He has Scouts on wednesday so it's usually a eat out, or not eat day. I think I've lost a good 8 lbs since clinicals started. I walk all day long for the whole 10 hrs I'm at the hospital. I've gotten to hang IV bags, discontinue IV's, give sub-q shots, saw the coolest/grossest wound changes and so many other things that it's been awesome.

Tyler has just been doing his normal stuff. Work, work, scouts, meetings, work, and work. He just had the chord of honor last week for them and they've been working hard on getting some of them to get done with a lot of requirements during the summer. The bishop is really pushing for all the boys to get their Eagles and Tyler would like that too. I have to say that he's a great YM president. I never hear him complain about his responsibilities with the boys, and he honestly cares about them and where they're heading. Next weekend he's going to be pulling an all nighter for work because it's the Go Live for the project he's been working on. I think he can't wait to be done with this project. It's been hard dealing with the company that hired them to do this project. They haven't been able to get their stuff done correctly. I think after this project is over he'll start some training to become an architect, at least that's what his boss has mentioned before. He says he has plans for Tyler to progress fast within the company which means training and lots of work. They're very happy with him and how good he is at programing. He is one of the few that is able to program and have no problems with his program. He's excited for his future with this company.

1 comment:

David said...

Tyler must have had some really great classes and some amazing professors in college...