As soon as everyone left on Thanksgiving day I started taking all my fall stuff down. The wreath went up on the outside door as soon as the last person left. I was ready. This year I've been seriously anxious for Christmas stuff, I'm not sure why, but I was so all our stuff is out!
We decorated on Friday, but the night before I cleaned up my nursing book cabinet that sits next to the TV where the tree goes. We had to move it to the other side of the TV and since my books are super heavy I had to take them all out before we could move the cabinet. Needless to say I also had to reorganize and de-junk the cabinet because that's what I do.

We got started on the mantle and had to wait one day before putting up the wreath because Tyler had to fix the brick holes.

Dear sweet hubby got the tree out for me. Thanks hubby!

Carly was sweet enough to help me fluff the tree up. Every year they come over the day after Thanksgiving and help us eat the left overs and we just hang out together. This year they got dragged into decorating. :-)


Ethan thoroughly enjoyed our decorating. He's such a funny little boy. We love having him around.


Our lovely tree!!! It's a little scraggly but it was $20 two years ago on black Friday. It works for us until we have money to splurge on a new fancy tree. :-D I really am just glad to have a tree at all. I told Tyler before we got out decorations that I didn't want to do the traditional red and green colors, I wanted it to be winter happiness because I love cold and blue, silver and white. After having Ethan around while decorating this year we've established that this will eventually be our "fancy" ornaments for the "fancy" tree that we'll buy that's in the "fancy" living room that is gated from the kids and we'll have this scraggly tree with ornaments that they can pull off the tree and not break or hurt themselves with.

Our fireplace mantle all done! Yes I absolutely have two stocking for our fur children. No I'm not weird. Yes I love our puppies! Left to right: Tyler, Thais, Oliver, and April.

Our little singing snowman that cracks me up, but scares April.

And lastly the door wreath!

We watched
"The Forgotten Carols" on DVD in the breaks between decorating and had yummy leftovers and hot chocolate! It was lovely.
2 comments:
Cute! We aren't even going to have a tree in our apartment. It is lame being poor and living in a tiny place.
Okay, the word verification word is "dabom." Why is that so funny?!
Great Christmas decorations!
Post a Comment