Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving went perfectly. All the food turned out really good and everyone enjoyed themselves.

I'll let the pictures do the talking.

The night before prep work:


The schedule


From left to right: Green beans casserole, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, apple pie.
Ingredients set up in order of when things were going to get done. (dork!)


Tyler making his banana cream pie



Turkey seasoning (not complete). There's only sage and garlic in here. The total seasoning also had olive oil, butter, lemon juice, paprika, cumin, grill seasoning, salt.


I separate the skin from the breast and stuff seasoning in between. Tyler thought it was the coolest thing ever!

All seasoned up!

Dangling bacon and hungry doggies. LOL


Ready to go. Yes.. I put toothpicks to hold the little wings close to the body.



Turkey in the bag ready to go in the fridge and to be baked the following morning!

Some cooking on Thanksgiving day:


Finishing off the pie

Getting the juices for the gravy


Turkey all done!

The food:




Squash, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots. These are still frozen. I steamed them.


Cream cheese corn. (Still frozen too). I microwaved these. They were sooo yummy.


Stuffing!


Mashed Potatoes (made by Tyler)


Bread!

The desserts:


Banana Cream Pie (made by Tyler)


Pumpkin pie


Apple Pie

The Table:


Centerpiece


Place settings

All the food on the table

Stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, veggies


Green beans, sweet potatoes, turkey, gravy

The elders getting ready to eat


Me, Carly, Kevin, Ethan on his high chair, elders back

After dinner and dessert we played Catch Phrase with the elders and our friends. We ended the evening with a clean kitchen and dishes all done and lots of leftovers!
It was a lovely evening!

4 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

Sam wanted to eat your turkey. He was so jealous that it had bacon on it. Ever been to Tucanos? That was definitely turkey wrapped in bacon. :-)
Good job to Tyler on that pie. It was very pretty.
Your house looked adorable! I am glad everything went so well!
And I love your schedule of what to do. Reminds me of me.

Keri said...

thais i love your overzealous manner in planning! :)

Tyler said...

Just to rub it in little... that turkey was the best I've ever had! If you could have only smelled the heavenly aroma of that seasoning... mmmm mmmm. I found myself gravitating towards the kitchen all day just to inhale that succulent smell. Oh, but that doesn't even compare to how it tasted! ;-)

And we still have leftovers!!!! (beeming smile)

Monica said...

MAN!!! You are so organized! Everything looked SO good and amazing! I wish I could cook like that and have everything put together like that! A+++
I hope things are good for you guys! Christmas is just around the corner and I LOVE decorating for Christmas! Your pictures look awesome!