Friday, December 12, 2008

$310.82

Since our furnace hasn't been working this is how me and the dogs have been spending our days:


Both dogs have sweaters on, and even then Oliver was shivering. He's wrapped up in the blanket with only his nose showing. You see that furry thing by my right hand, yeah, that's him. It was 50 degrees in the house on Wednesday. I had the electric blanket on me the entire day. It was dang cold. So Tyler gave in and called the guy to come fix it. He couldn't come until the following day. Tyler came home that evening and spent another three hours in the attic and nothing.

So Art (our AC/heat/do it all guy) came over yesterday. Now remember that Art already cost me a pretty penny this year when we had to replace our entire AC unit back in June, and then when our ceiling fell down in August. So as you can imagine Art makes me money anxious.

I had every reason to be anxious.

He spent four hours in my house, and $310.82 buckaroos later and now we have heat again.

While I am glad to be able to feel my fingers again, I'm sad to spend yet more money on climate control. House... please stop being so expensive, and please stop breaking things.

When Art left I told him thanks and that I hoped to not see him for a very long time.

The doggies are so happy. It's like all of the sudden they're alive again.

Oh the joys of being a homeowner! :-D

5 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

They look so cute in their sweaters!

Coach B. said...

I am here to invade your blog! Sorry about the expensive bill...you should get one of those weird snuggie blankets that they sell on infomericals.

Anyway...I don't know you...just showing the love :)

Anonymous said...

That is horrible! YOu guys got it fixed right? LOve the gingerbread house activity! That is a great idea! Thanks! It has been so long since I've made one.

Elaine said...

Well, sorry to hear there was cold in TX...too bad it was all in YOUR house...we have gotten around 26 inches of snow in the last 24 hours does that make you feel better??? Hope you are warmed by the season...

Have a great time on your trip...

Shauna said...

I'm new here! What a great blog :)