Thursday, January 1, 2009

Pre-Utah Trip Activities: Ward Christmas Party

Yes I'm a slacker. You'll be hearing, I mean, reading about Christmas stuff until Mid January. We were in Utah for Christmas and I was sick for 16 days, including the entire time we were in Utah. I think most people by now know that this was Tyler's fault. Therefore I am playing catch up now. This, however, does not mean ya'll can get away with not leaving us comments! Ready or not here I come!

On Dec 12th we had our ward Christmas party. We also babysat for Carly and Kevin while they went to a work party. Since I was in the activities committee I volunteered myself to prepare one of the turkeys. So we got "Thanksgiving" round 2. I do love cooking these turkeys, and it always amazes me how yummy they turn out!





The party was a success! We had an amazing turn out and the food was great. We really appreciated how many members came and brought food! The committee was in charge of the meats, and everything else was member brought.

This was also my very last activity! I now have a new calling in the young women as the secretary and personal progress coordinator. I am super duper excited, and at the same time a little nervous because I was in YW for a very short period of time since I got baptized at 18. I'm sure I'll catch up fast enough though. I had been in activities for almost three years so it was a welcomed release.

And here's a little picture of Ethan at the party. We just love this little boy and really enjoyed baby sitting him. Maybe I can talk the Massey's into it again. :-)


Next up... Cotton Bowl

Oh and Happy New Year!

No comments: