Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cooking Weekend

We had a slow weekend. On Saturday I went to school to take a test and Tyler ran some errands, on my way home I made a stop by Kohls just so I could waste my time. I keep going to that store and I always leave them and think that I really don't like it. It's just so messy.

When I got home I found Tyler up in the attic. It was 59 degrees in our house. He tried to fix the furnace for a very long time. I think he was up in the attic for 3 hours. He was never able to. I'm not messing with it.

I spent the rest of Saturday evening talking to Emily on MSN Messenger. It was fun and I'm excited to meet her when we're in Utah.

On Sunday we went to church and I got a new calling!! I can't share yet but I am super, duper excited! We came home and had lunch, did some cooking, and tried not to take a nap, but failed.
We made Oreo Truffles and Banana Bread. The truffles were a trial run for VT Christmas gifts, and neighbor gifts.







These are super yummy and so easy to make! It takes some time to coat them all up in chocolate, but it's worth it. We'll be doing batch number two for neighbors this week.

After the first presidency devotional we went over to Matt and Vernice's home to meet their little bundle of joy and drop off some truffles and the bread. Nathan is so sweet, and so little! It made me want to me a NICU nurse pretty bad, but I know med/surg is my place. It was nice to see them and check up on them.

2 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

You talked about me! Sam read your post and then told me to come read it! Yay!

Those treats look yummy!

Oh yeah, and Kohl's is my most favorite store! I guess we can't agree on everything. :-)

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I'm not a fan of Kohl's either...but Ted loves it! What the?

Those oreo truffles look sooooo good!