Monday, August 30, 2010

The Pantheon, gardens, and I want to cry my feet hurt so bad

Tuesday, July 6 

We woke up a bit late because we were so tired from Disneyland. We took a subway to the invalides station and walked over to the museum.





National Assembly




We kind of got lost, but finally got the Musee d'Orsay


It used to be an old railway station and they turned it into a museum.


I felt like the d'Orsay was very manageable. The next day we went to the Louvre and d'Orsay was by far our favorite. We weren't sure if we were allowed to take pictures inside so we didn't, except for one I sneaked in.


Afterward we ate a quick lunch at the stand in front of the museum. We were planning on eating inside the museum at the restaurant, but by the time we got there they were only serving tea.




We headed over to one of my favorite things we did on the trip - The Pantheon



We didn't go into this church, but I so wish we had
























They have a replica of the building inside that's cut out so you can see the details


We decided we'd climb the steps up the Pantheon for a 360 view of the city and a view from a balcony down the Pantheon floors





Somewhere inside the Pantheon on our way up




This picture cracks me up. Tyler snapped this on my last few steps up. I can't remember exactly how many steps, but it was around 400.










After the views from the top, we came back down and went into the crypt


There are several famous people buried in there, but we were only able to be in there for 10 minutes before they were closing. It was neat though.

Voltaire and Rousseau below





Once we left the Pantheon, we started our walking tour and headed to Jardin du Luxembourg



My tired feet






















The Saint Sulpice church was closed for renovations
















L'ecole de Medicine with the Decartes University

I remember sitting on bike racks across the street from this medical school and my feet were so sore that they were throbbing. I wanted to cry. Tyler was also very sore and getting blisters on his feet. 

After sitting down for a little bit we headed to our last stop St.-Germain des Pres church

We weren't able to go into it either because it was so late that it was closed






We were starving and tired. We had dinner at Brasserie Saint-Benoit not too far from the church, and it was our favorite meal in Paris.


Tyler couldn't decide which dessert he wanted. He got one, and then decided to get a second one he had his eye on. :)


I got a delicious Petit Gateau

After a delicious dinner we took the subway back home, and crashed. I slept with my feet up on a pillow and took two advils.

No comments: