Tyler always takes a lunch to work from home. Usually left overs, sometimes sammies, or sometimes lean cuisines. It all depends on how busy I am with school and how much I cooked. The majority of the time it's left overs. I try to get his lunch ready when I'm putting dinner away. Last night he was helping me put dinner away and packed his own lunch. It was late and on Tuesdays I'm in class from 8:00am until 4:30pm. I have to leave our house by 6:45am in order to get to class on time due to traffic. Being the slightly OCD wife that I am, I was in a frenzy at 11:30pm trying to clean everything I could possibly clean. As I showered and got ready for bed I remembered that I had forgotten to get my snacks ready for school. The grapes needed to be washed, cheese cut, crackers in baggies. I was too tired by then though to get that accomplished. I prayed and hoped I'd get up on time to do it in the morning. I whined to Tyler in frustration that the house was messy and I didn't get my stuff ready.
Tyler wakes up as I'm leaving the house for school. This morning while I got ready he got up too and I assumed it was because the dogs were bugging him. But I was wrong. As I'm attempting to rush out the door I saw that my sweet husband had packed me some cheese, crackers, and grapes. It just made my day. As I sat through 4 hrs of lecture I was so grateful for my sweet husband, and his willingness to get up earlier to do something small, but so thoughtful for me. I'm really lucky.
3 comments:
The post was so nice, I just had to leave a comment.
That's way sweet of him!
He sounds like a keeper...
Post a Comment