Tyler was finally released from his Ward organist calling! Tyler has been the ward organist in every ward he's ever been in. As soon as we move in they call him into that calling. I often thought it was a desperation calling, not so much inspiration. He's had this calling since he was 18 years old, of course, with a 2 year break while he was on his mission. So the boy has had this calling for seven years. I am ecstatic! The whole three years we've been married I've always sat by myself while Tyler sat up to play the darn organ. It's gonna be neat to have him sit with me during an entire sacrament meeting! I may not know what to do with myself. Does that mean I need to get to church on time now? :)
He has a new calling, but I can't announce that until Sunday!
Our bishop was pretty funny about it. He asked Tyler how he felt about the calling. And Tyler kind of mumbles a "I don't mind it, because I've had it for so long that I don't even need to practice anymore". At this point I'm getting jittery and I told the bishop what I knew Tyler wouldn't. I told him he's had this same calling for a very long time and that we couldn't even sit together at church since we got married because of it. The bishop looked a little stunned that he's been doing it for such a long time and proceeded to say that he had someone in mind, but needed to talk to them first. He called us about 3 days later to let us know that he was officially released and this Sunday was going to be his last one as the organist.
I love our bishop and I'm excited for Tyler to be released. We may not move from this ward for a long time just because of that!
1 comment:
Wow the same calling for that long... What a good sport your husband is! :) Im glad you have a blog. Xanga will always be my first love- but blogger is my new love ;) I'm doing pretty good. How are you guys???
Post a Comment