Sunday, August 17, 2008

The polka dot dress



While visiting my parents in May, my mom and I went shopping and she bought me a gorgeous black and white polka dot silk dress from Banana Republic. I couldn't wait to wear it to church. However I was a nursery assistant. I was terrified to wear it around the kids because I often came home with chocolate on my clothes, or snot, bubbles, or even pee. Nursery assistant is not the most clothes happy calling. I knew I would be getting released mid Summer so I patiently waited for the day that I could wear my expensive silk polka dot dress. The day finally came today. I've been released for 2 weeks now and this was the first Sunday that I actually woke up early enough to get ready and put the dress to work. I did my make up, blew my hair dry (something that never, ever happens), and I even flat ironed my hair (something that happens even less often than the blow drying). I was looking cute! I even had my black high heeled sandals on (another item not to be worn in nursery). I leave to go to church and cannot wait to meet Tyler because he has never seen said dress. I'm running slightly late (5 minutes) so I walk in and sit down. I get up a little to smooth the dress underneath my bottom and I felt this weird thing on the side of my leg. I look down and found the following attached to my dress:


Yes dear friends. The SECURITY TAG was still attached to my polka dot dress that I patiently waited 3 months to wear. I was totally embarrassed. I couldn't get it off because these pesky things are a nightmare so I walked around all three hours of church with the tag on my dress. I'm planning on going to the banana republic here in Texas and hopefully they'll be willing to take the tag off of my dress and not think I'm a crazy woman and stole the dress from the store! But really... how in the world did the alarm not go off when we first bought it!?

5 comments:

David said...

Now that made me laugh. Funny stuff - and you wore it with the tag on...

Keri said...

that has happened to me before- i made aaron figure out how to take the tag off.... it's amazing that these things get left on at the store! you will have to post a pic of you in that dress. it really is so cute!

Jeanette said...

That is a super cute dress!
I've had this happen to me when I bought a pair of pants. I noticed it after we got home and took it back a few days later to get it taken off. The sales lady gave me a not so nice look, like it is my fault they forgot to take the tag off!

Bethany said...

I love that dress! That stinks they didn't take the tag off. I had some pants they didn't take the security tag off once and it was back when they used the blue ink that would spill if you tried taking it off yourself. I was so frustrated.

Elaine said...

Oh T...first love the dress...

Sorry your first experience wasn't so +....just remember it wasn't snot, pee, crackers, etc...

Maybe you should have dh take you somewhere special to wear it next time...