
On Thursday Tyler and I went on a date to a play at the Garland Civic Theatre called "Heaven Can Wait". It was our first time there and we were pretty happy with their facility and play. We just love going to plays so it's always nice to find community theater that is good. This is one of the things we missed about Utah. Lots of very good community theater.
We hit a little snag in the beginning. We got there early, but it was a chilly chilly night in Texas so we stood outside the theater while I finished my hot chocolate. We got had gotten tickets about 3 weeks ago so we were in no hurry to get in the theater. We got in and went to get in our seats and there were people sitting there. We were confused and thought maybe we had it wrong since it was our first time there, so we got some help. The lady came and showed us our seats and sure enough... people were on our seats. I was flustered by now because the play was supposed to start in a good 5 minutes. They checked their tickets and they had double booked our seats!!! Instead of fixing the problem Tyler just said it's ok we'll just pick one. I got real grumpy at that because our seats were crappy. We were at the very far stage left side and got to see lots of head nodding because the actors back was to us in some scenes. Our original seats were awesome. I was grumpy for a good little while but then couldn't help but snap out of it because the play was pretty funny.
Afterwards we wanted to eat some dinner, but everything was closed!!! The play got off at 10pm. We tried a few restaurants but by the time we got to one that closed at 10:30pm we were too late. So as we were driving home I saw the IHOP that's open 24/7 and we had some dinner there. Not the Chinese food I was craving, but it beat coming home on an empty tummy. I had breakfast and Tyler had a burger. It was pretty yummy.
It was a good date. I didn't even remember the last time we went on a night date. We will go again to the Garland Civic Theatre but they better not double book our tickets again or they'll hear from the feisty Winmill. :-) Oh and we went out for Chinese the following night with some friends... I was really craving it.
No comments:
Post a Comment