Yesterday I took Oliver and April to the vet. Oliver was getting his teeth cleaned and April was getting spayed. I was anxious. Both doggies has to be under general anesthesia for it. I took them to our bishop who's a vet. I dropped them off early in the morning and picked Oliver up in the afternoon. April had to stay overnight. Oliver was fine. He got home and ate right away, he went outside and did his business like he's supposed to. He was a little more tired than usual but that was expected. It was weird having only one dog at home and I was worried about her being at the vet all night. I wasn't allowed to pick her up until today after 1pm. I got there at 2:30pm. My instructions were to keep her quiet for the next three days, no jumping and no running. I was also told to give her pain meds tonight and twice a day for the next 2 days. She was acting fine, a little anxious to come home, but fine. Her incision looked good. Right before we got home I opened the window so she could look out because she likes that... well.. while I was waiting for the garage door to open April jumped out the window!!!! She smacked her face on the cement and was acting all confused. I wanted to cry. I thought for sure her sutures would have busted open. I jumped out the car and picked her up, the car was still running, and brought her inside, let Oliver greet her and went back out to park the car in the garage. She seems to be fine, she drank water ate, and is now napping next to me. Oliver is napping on top of the couch behind me. Poor doggies. They've had a rough couple of days.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Doggies day at the vet
Yesterday I took Oliver and April to the vet. Oliver was getting his teeth cleaned and April was getting spayed. I was anxious. Both doggies has to be under general anesthesia for it. I took them to our bishop who's a vet. I dropped them off early in the morning and picked Oliver up in the afternoon. April had to stay overnight. Oliver was fine. He got home and ate right away, he went outside and did his business like he's supposed to. He was a little more tired than usual but that was expected. It was weird having only one dog at home and I was worried about her being at the vet all night. I wasn't allowed to pick her up until today after 1pm. I got there at 2:30pm. My instructions were to keep her quiet for the next three days, no jumping and no running. I was also told to give her pain meds tonight and twice a day for the next 2 days. She was acting fine, a little anxious to come home, but fine. Her incision looked good. Right before we got home I opened the window so she could look out because she likes that... well.. while I was waiting for the garage door to open April jumped out the window!!!! She smacked her face on the cement and was acting all confused. I wanted to cry. I thought for sure her sutures would have busted open. I jumped out the car and picked her up, the car was still running, and brought her inside, let Oliver greet her and went back out to park the car in the garage. She seems to be fine, she drank water ate, and is now napping next to me. Oliver is napping on top of the couch behind me. Poor doggies. They've had a rough couple of days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow. You sure do love your dogs! I think we should meet over Christmas break! We are going home to Arizona for Christmas so it will have to be one of the earlier days you are here.
-Emly
My home ward bishop is a vet too!
Post a Comment