Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ike weekend

We had a boring weekend. Due to Ike. We got lots of rain all day yesterday, but it wasn't nearly as bad as they were trying to make it. Tyler had to attend a youth dance that night and people were calling him all day asking if the dance was canceled. It was rain!!!! Just because it was coming from part of a hurricane didn't change matters. We were even on the weak side of things. Texans are weird about weather I swear. The dance wasn't canceled, nothing got blown over, no flooding, it was just heavy rain. So I was home all day cleaning, watching TV, sleeping, cleaning some more. Tyler plays basketball Sat mornings, then he had a YM volleyball game, then he came home and watched the BYU game, then Carly and Kevin came over for a quick dinner, and off he went to the dance.

Today we went to church. Took a four hour nap. Went to Carly and Kevin's house for dinner and now are just hanging out.

Tyler went to Houston on Monday for work and came home the same day. He's had a very busy week between work and the young men.

I have just been doing school. I have two weeks left of maternity health and then I do pediatrics. I've done NICU, Labor and Delivery, and High Risk Antepartum rotations. I've decided that there is no good way to have a baby. I watched three c-sections and one vaginal delivery. I think this may have added another five years to when we're gonna have kids. Geez! It was bad. On the other hand... I love NICU. I really think I want to be a NICU nurse. I am in love with babies and taking care of these sweet little spirits just fills my heart. We'll see at the end of the semester. I start applying for jobs in February!

Life is pretty slow right now. We're in a routine. So not much to talk about but school and work!

No comments: