Tuesday, November 25, 2008

BYU v. Utah Game Party!

On Saturday Tyler and I had a few people over for the BYU/U of U game. I was super excited, and got slightly carried away with the amount of food I made.

For snacks and appetizers we had:

- Chicken Cigars
- Pao de Queijo (Brazilian Cheese rolls)
- Peanuts, Cashews, Roasted Almonds
- Veggie tray and dip
- Olives
- Homemade salsa and chips

For dinner (at halftime) we had:

- Burgers (bacon, cheese, or plain)
- Hot dogs
- Chips (Cheetos, potato, doritos nacho cheese)
- Fixings (pickles, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, condiments)
- Drinks (Coke, Fanta Orange, Root Beer, Sprite, Water)

For dessert we had:
- 5 Minute in heaven chocolate chip cake
- Dove chocolates

Here's the table picture


Tyler cooking us up some burgers!


Part of the crew


We had Carly, Kevin, Ethan, and Pattie; Matt and Vernice and cute fetus Nathan; and a new couple we had never met Julia and John. So clearly I made way too much food. I just love to entertain people and couldn't control myself. Everyone ate and had fun. They all left after the game which bummed me out greatly because I wanted to play games pretty bad. I wanted to get to know Julia and John a little better and games are one of the best ways to do that. Oh well... I guess I'll just need to plan a game night party. :-D Maybe I'll have less food too, and we'll have to get John and Britney to come! Hmmm I'm getting some serious ideas as I'm writing this! Joy, joy, joy!!!
Once everyone left Tyler was kind enough to play scrabble with his game deprived wife. :-D

On Sunday we went to church, Tyler took a nap, I did homework, and we had Julie over for dinner. Julie is a good friend from nursing school and one of the nicest, most Christ like people I have met. Even though she's not LDS, she is nicer to people more than a lot of LDS folks we know. After dinner we convinced her to watch "Charly" with us. She liked it, but was bugged it was sad. I'm a mean friend. It was nice to have her over.

Yesterday I had clinicals at the crazy ward. I only have one more day left of clinicals and then I'm on my final semester of nursing school! It's nuts. I only have one more lecture for Psych and 2 tests (test 2 and final). My final is on Dec 9th. I can't even believe it that I'm 2 weeks away from being on my last semester! And a little over 5 months from graduating!!! Crazy I'm telling you! I've started talking to a few hospitals about internships and during my break will be redoing my resume and applying for internships that are available. I want to work on a Medical/Surgical or Telemetry floor. I am super excited! I can't wait to be an RN. I just love it. We go back to school Jan 22nd for the last stretch. During the break we'll be in Utah for Christmas and I'll get to visit my family in Florida. It'll be a nice break.

3 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

You're still alive! I am so happy!

You are a crazy entertainer. The party looked like fun. I am sorry you didn't get to play games with everyone but that was very nice of Tyler.

Last night, Sam and I saw Madagascar 2 and during the previews before the movie started there was an advertisement for the opera Thais. We were going to text you but then realized that we don't know your number. But holy smokes! How cool is that!?

elaine said...

I will come right over. Sounds amazing!

And you will love being a nurse, especially the actual nursing part, or at least I did. I am glad I found your blog thinger.

E

Merkley Jiating said...

I know! I was just listening thinking "Oh, he has a nice voice" and then BAM! He can sing higher than I can!