Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sarah Brightman Concert

Last night Tyler and I attended the very anticipated Sarah Brightman Symphony Concert. We started the evening by going out to dinner at a new restaurant we had never been before called Penne Pomodoro. I was craving some yummy Italian food and after some online research I decided to go to this one, it had good reviews and was within our budget. Tyler got the Pollo Parmigiana and I got Gnocchi with bolognese sauce. We also got the Focaccia bread. It was pretty yummy, we enjoyed the meal quite a bit, and the area had lots of shops and it was very cute. I'd like to go back and walk around Snider plaza and check the area out a bit more.


After dinner we headed over to the concert. Sarah Brightman is always amazing, but this concert blew me away. Her Harem one was amazing, but this one was even better. Here's a little description from the site:

Continuing Sarah's tradition of breathtaking stage productions, the SYMPHONY WORLD TOUR will feature new and groundbreaking technology, with virtual and holographic stage sets that have never been seen before in any touring concert production.

This innovative stage technology is highly sophisticated and dramatic, creating an otherworldly, ethereal experience: enormous realistic ballrooms will meld into fairytale gardens and then morph into giant fish tanks, right before the audience’s very eyes, creating a perfect backdrop for Sarah’s glorious voice.

It was nothing short of magical. The technology they used was so cool that it kept us glued to the stage. It was beautiful, and as always Sarah was beautiful. I love all of her costumer changes and thoroughly enjoyed her singing "Phantom" and "Canto Della Terra" with an amazing tenor, Mario Frangoulis, he was very very good. She also had Fernando Lima as a special guest whom she sang "Pasion" with on her Symphony album. She had these screens that showed the images and they moved and showed the things that were going in the "fish tank" for two songs. Just really cool.

And now the pictures!

Tyler and I at the concert!


This picture doesn't do her entrance justice. Her costume made it seem as if she was dead bride walking, and left me wondering if it was really her underneath all the tule.


The opening of the show with "Fleurs Du Mal"



This is not a great picture. It took me a while to figure out the best camera setting. All the forest stuff was on the screens and she was standing in the middle with trees and leaves around her.


The "fish bowl"



Her duet with Mario on "Canto Della Terra"


Her famous swing


A few Harem songs


At the end of the concert singing "Deliver Me"



She also sang a few Christmas songs from her new album "A Winter Symphony" . I wasn't able to get a picture because I got in trouble with the security guard. Apparently I wasn't supposed to take any pictures at all. Oops. Oh well, no harm.

I wore my infamous polka dot dress to the concert. This is the second time I've worn it and this time it was free of security tags! So I wanted to be nice and share the dress picture.


Like I said the concert was great. We had great seats and pleasant neighbors (Hi Andrew!). It was a great evening and now I'll just wait another 4-5 years until she goes on tour again!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

That looks like an awesome concert! How fun!

Merkley Jiating said...

You look so cute in your dress!

Don't feel left out for never having In-N-Out. It's really not that great. But then again, some people love it.

I don't think Costa Vida is worth the money. Sam hates Cafe Rio so we rarely go there. He loves Bajio so I guess we go there the most.

Obama... is Obama. I think he is better than McCain. BYU football is fun to watch but can be very disappointing at times.

No one is going to lynch you. I will kick them.

Keri said...

you guys have the BEST date nights- i love to read about your fun adventures together!