The first weekend in February we decided to go to the Dallas Museum of Art. I've been wanting to go for a long time and it was part of our monthly getting to know our town goal for the year.
But after we parked I saw a sign for free admission to the Nasher Sculpture Center. I had no idea it was even there! Right in the middle of the Dallas Arts District. So since the Nasher was having free admission that Saturday, which now I know happens every first Saturday of the month between 10am and 2pm, we decided to go into the Nasher instead.
I'm so glad we did. They're currently having the exhibition by Jaume Plensa who is the same artist who did the crown fountains at Millennium Park in Chicago.
These stainless steel curtains have phrases from poetry by different famous authors.
Stainless steel man
The Nasher has a beautiful garden outside where lots of kids were running around, and they had neat sculptures outside too. On a warm spring day it'd be perfect to get some lunch at the Nasher Cafe, and just hang out outside and enjoy the place.
Tyler's favorite sculpture though was the walk to the sky. A steel poll with all these little people walking up on it towards the sky.
The heart of trees. They had these on many trees and they were pretty cool, I called them tree huggers. :)
We just loved the Nasher. It's small enough that children would enjoy it, and not overwhelming for a nice afternoon stroll.
No comments:
Post a Comment