Thursday, April 15, 2010

going home

The morning of my birthday we slept in until about 9am. We then headed off to Times Square Bagels for a good NYC bagel. It was a rainy and very cold day so the hot chocolate and the bagels were a nice breakfast.



We then took the subway to go to the Met. We walked through central park to get to it and learned why new yorkers have rain boots.

 

We only had about thirty minutes at the Met, and it was super busy.










It is a huge museum and beautiful. I'm excited to go back one day and get to spend some good time in there.


We rushed off to my birthday surprise. We went to Serendipity.


Tyler said he had picked it because they're well known for their birthday celebrations, however we were sorely disappointed. Our waiter forgot it was my birthday, and there was no singing.


We did try their famous frozen hot chocolate. Tyler really liked it, I wasn't quite sure.

 

He then ordered me a cake that was very chocolaty and rich, we were so full from lunch that we didn't finish it.


We left in a hurry so we could check out late and head to the aiport and come home. Our flight was delayed due to the weather so we sat in LaGuardia a little longer than we wanted to, but it was fine.

Our trip started off on a high note and ended in a slightly sour one. Tyler and I were bummed about my actual birthday celebration and how things felll apart. We've talked it over and learned from it. I am so grateful he took me there though. I love New York. Can't wait to go back.

No comments: