Wednesday, April 14, 2010

teacups and off plans

We had breakfast at the famous Alice's tea cup. Neither one of us are tea drinkers but they supposedly had the best scones in NYC.


However Tyler decided to give a cinammonish tea a whirl. He hated it. I got Alice's hot chocolate and it was the best hot chocolate I've ever had.


The scones were a bit dry, but still yummy. I'm not sure if any scone is super moist.



We then headed to Madison Square Garden to book our all access tour.

We got stuck with the last tour of the day so we went to Macy's nearby to spend some time before the tour. We should have gone to Bryant Park, but I was afraid we wouldn't have enough time.



The tour took us through the theater and the arena. It also took us to a bar and hang out place for the players.






We went to the suites and I don't understand why they're so expensive. They're crappy seats! The circus was in town and we got to see a little bit of it.


We also saw the lockers.





Overall the tour was boring, Fred our tour guide was obnoxious, and loud. It was an arena, no different than the one I have in Dallas. We were frustrated we wasted our time with it and would not recommend it.


We had dinner at Joe's Shanghai, a Chinese restaurant but we were grumpy and I was food angry so I took no pictures.

We went to the hotel and changed for my final fancy surprise.

He took me to Promises, Promises at the Broadway theater.




It was the first weekend of previews and I wanted to see it to bad. I love Kristin Chenoweth and I was so excited to see her. But in the end Sean Hayes stole the show.

He was fabulous. So funny. I'm so glad we went. I wanted to go to this show so bad. It was funny, but kind of like Mamma Mia felt like to us, this felt like it was too simple to be on Broadway. Good, but simple. The cast is amazing, and it was a great show though.




I wanted crepes after the show, but everyone we knew of was closed. :-(


No comments: