Thursday, September 30, 2010

Church, Charles River, and Italian

Sunday, Sept 5

On Sunday we went to church in the morning, the closest ward was in Cambridge near MIT at a brand new building


We only stayed for Sacrament meeting which happened to be fast and testimony meeting,

We've never been to a more diverse ward. It was small and half the people that went up to the pulpit were foreign, the other half world travelers studying abroad for a year, then coming back to study at one of the many universities in the Boston area. I was so excited.


We then headed over to the Cambridge Side Galleria Mall where our Charles River boat tour would be departing from behind the mall. Since we had some time we got some breakfast at Dunkin Donuts. The boat tour came with our Upper Deck Trolley Tour ticket package.











A Harvard building











MIT building





After the boat tour we hopped on the Trolley for the first time. We hopped off on Charles Street simply because I saw a dress as we drove by, said dress was $388 so we hopped back on the trolley when the next one came around.








My sweet, understanding husband waiting for the trolley


Once we got to trinity church I noticed that it was open to the public, the day before it was closed for a wedding and I wanted to go inside really bad, so we hopped off the trolley again and went inside. Oh the stained glass window happiness







The windows above depict the life of Christ









We then walked across the street to the Old South Church to see if that one was also open, and it was, more stained glass windows happiness








The birth of Christ


The miracles of Christ

At this point we were starving so we headed for a late lunch at the Top of the Hub we had amazing city views at this restaurant and I enjoyed the food and environment quite a bit







We then took the elevator down to the observatory. Technically we didn't need to do this since we got the views at the restaurant, but I'm glad we went anyway because I really like the audio tours like we did in Chicago at the Hancock observatory














After the observatory we went back to our hotel to change clothes, unfortunately the trolley was done running for the day and we had to take the subway back.


Once we changed and did some planning for our last day in Boston we headed to Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall
















We walked around the market, watched street performers and then headed to dinner at Mamma Maria





This was an expensive Italian restaurant at the North End, and I wasn't impressed at all. I was rather disappointed, the restaurant had great reviews everywhere, so this was a surprise.



After dinner we took the subway back to our hotel and bed

No comments: