Friday, November 14, 2008

Blog letters: husband


Dear husband,

Thank you so much for starting to teach me piano last Sunday. I know we've talked about you teaching it to me since we got married but somehow even though we have been married for three and half years we're just now getting to it.

I'm grateful for your amazing talent, really, I am, promise. I know I don't sound grateful when I yell at you from the living room for you to shut the door while you're playing "Sleigh Ride" for the fiftieth time in the last 30 minutes. But I am. I enjoy listening to you play "Sleigh Ride" the first ten times you play it. I'm proud to say that you play the piano to others and always make sure to add on the "he's been playing it for 20 years" with a big smile on my face.

I'm grateful for your mom for making you take lessons and practice even when you didn't want to. I know you're grateful to her too because you love the piano. I'm also grateful for your grandma Relva for instilling that love in you and being a big cheerleader and example to you as you learned to play the piano.

Thanks for being a nice teacher during the lesson and telling me how good I'm doing when I feel like the biggest dork, and even though I've only practiced for 10 minutes since Sunday I promise to do better. Maybe we could do a reward chart like you had with your other students? However I think we should switch from candy bars to this. Good idea huh? I just hope this new talent of mine doesn't land me in primary again. ;-)

Lovingly,

Your bad student wife

1 comment:

Merkley Jiating said...

Cute! "The first ten times" made me laugh. Last night I told Sam that we are best blogging friends. :-)