Thursday, November 6, 2008

Blog letters: work

Dear people at husbands job that planned the holiday party,

I have been looking forward to the holiday party for a while now, and waiting to see what was going to happen and when and what I needed to wear. I got the e-mail today from husband and was very disappointed. Not only did you wait until one month before the event to send invitations out to the entire company (because Christmas season is not busy at all!), when the invitation did come all it said was: Come celebrate another successful year! You and a guest are invited to join (blank) company for an evening of drinks and hors d'oeuvres.

Seriously!!! Seriously???!!!!

It's appalling that after working all year round 9-10 hrs a day, and working at times at 2am to accommodate clients needs that the only thing that you could come up with for your employees is appetizers and alcohol. Are you kidding me??? Alcohol and appetizers! Now I understand the majority of the employees love their alcohol, but no dinner?? Way to go! Let's pump everyone full of alcohol and have barely any food in them so we can lose at least one employee and an innocent person when they leave the party driving drunk as a skunk. This "party" and hors d'oeuvres is not even at a fancy, trendy restaurant. You might as well have sent invitation to Chili's!

I hope this means that the Christmas bonus will be a lot higher, you know, since you skimped so badly on the Holiday party.

Sincerely,

Employee's wife

3 comments:

Keri said...

way to speak your opinion thais! somebody needs to be honest! ilove your upcoming posts on the side. clever idea! i might copy if thats ok....

Monica said...

You are hilarious!!! Hope you guys are good. Cute pictures by the way!

Unknown said...

Awesome!

robin_bo_bobbin