I am sitting here and thinking of all the things I need to be doing to prep for tomorrow hurah and can't seem to be able to move my butt off the comfy couch. It doesn't help that it's cold (joy in my life), I have the electric blanket on top of me on medium high, and there are two seriously cute doggies cuddling with me.
Is tomorrow really thanksgiving?? Seriously?? I guess I better go give my turkey some loving, make my pies and pie dough for the apple one, and clean the house which includes washing the carpet where one of darling doggies had a pee accident and the other one had a puke accident. I can't wait until we get wood floors. Seriously.
But I'm grateful. I know tomorrow I'll be all giddy because the missionaries will be coming over and we even get the special happiness of having elders! We were going to have sisters but they had transfers yesterday and it is now elders in our ward. Elders eat much more than sisters do. I'll also be giddy because our besties are coming over, Carly and Kevin and little boy Ethan. This is our third Thanksgiving with them. If only Sam and Emily lived in Texas and were familyless like us. Vernice and Matt had their baby two days ago, little Nathan. I'm super excited for them and can't wait to meet the little guy. They'd be coming over too, but Matt's parents are in Texas and they have to go over there. Darn it! But I'm still excited... I love cooking for people and even though tomorrow and today will be busy I'll be gleaming with pride when everyone is telling me how good everything was. lol I love our friends we've made in Texas, and love where our life is headed, grateful school is almost over, grateful Tyler has a wonderful stable job, grateful for our non-shedding little doggies even if they pee and puke on my carpet, grateful for our families and life really. Life is pretty dang good right now.
2 comments:
I do not think Sam would move to Texas if it was that or die. So sorry. He just read that and said, "I actually probably would move to Texas if I got a good job there but I wouldn't take a pay cut to live there and I wouldn't be happy about it."
Oh yeah, Sam says those pretzels are intimidating but they totally are not! He helped make them both times. Just follow the recipe. They are unbelievably easy. I am so far from being a cooking/baking expert. I am a cooking tyro. And yet, I made them! Easy!
Post a Comment