Tuesday, December 29, 2009

29th Birthday

The day after Christmas Tyler turned 29.
We started out the day by going to lunch to Costa Vida that is about 45 minutes from our house.

Burritos of happiness!


After the meal we went to the Grapevine mills outlet mall for a little after Christmas shopping. This was an event for me. :) I tried to be fast though.

We then went to what Tyler wanted to do for his birthday. We went to the Gaylord Texan at Grapevine for their ICE! exhibition.

We got our tickets (barely) for the last show. Everything else was sold out and we were there at 7:00pm, so we walked around the beautiful hotel to look at their lights and decorations.

I think it'd be so fun to stay at one of their hotels one of these times.



Gingerbread house



We were going to eat dinner, but neither one of us were hungry after Costa Vida. So we walked around the gift shop, took pictures, and got in line an hour early to get into the exhibit.




It was so full of people it was nuts.

I was freezing as soon as we got in there, in spite of them giving us nasty coats that get reused over and over without washing, germs much. yeah.




Tyler was determined to slide down the ice slide. I was ready to get out. But since it was his birthday and all I obliged and waited patiently for him to sit in line for thirty minutes and then slide down.



Now if I was thinking straight I would have waited in line with him, slided down first and then filmed him coming down... but no.. instead I just waited at the bottom the whole thirty minutes freezing my bum off.





At the end of it they had an ice nativity.



Was it pretty cool? Yes

Will we go again next year? Yes

But next year I'll dress appropriately so that my fingers don't hurt once they were defrosted. skinny jeans and boots just didn't cut it. We'll also go sometime during the week so it's not jammed packed full of people. bring hand warmers. and get online tickets.

No comments: