Monday, December 7, 2009

Nov. 29th - Sunday

Sunday was our last day in St. George. We were catching a red eye flight that night from Vegas. So before church I make Tyler and Bryan wake up early for some church history happiness.

We headed over to Santa Clara for the only thing I hadn't done. The Jacob Hamblin home.

We got there so early that they were closed. The senior couple had just gotten there and got there early and they invited us in and opened everything up for us!



I had no idea who he was, or what his role was in church history. So I enjoyed learning what he did for the settling of the church out west.




On our drive back I made Tyler stop at the Relief Society Home. No tour, just wanted to see the building.




I also made him stop at the Santa Clara town hall. I just loved all the quaintness of Santa Clara. I wish we had more time to just walk around and read the different plaques they had.




We then headed to church with grandma and everyone that was left in St. George.

After we went back to the condos ate lunch and packed. I took a short nap because i was seriously nauseated.

Around 4:00pm I asked Tyler and Bryan to go over to the Brigham Young Home and historic downtown that I had seen the previous day just so we could have a bit of a photoshoot. My wishes were listened to.








Thank you Bryan for putting up with me and taking pictures for us.

We then headed back to the temple to see things in the visitor's center. Shane and Brae joined us. We looked at the Christ photography exhibition and learned about the temple construction. We also walked around and looked at the lights.




We went back to the condo and had some hot cocoa and hopped in the car.

And at the Vegas airport we were reminded of home.

No comments: