The Saturday after black friday all the boys went golfing and it was the holy war game day.
So I went off on my own. My first stop was the outlet mall. It was a sad outlet mall compared to what we have in Texas. But it was nice to be able to go to DownEast Basics and Shade and actually try their clothes on! I learned that Shade does not fit me well at all, which is sad because I like their clothes online. I also got Bryan's gift since we have him for Christmas this year.
After the mall I headed over to historic St. George. At first I went to Ancestor's Square because I was told there was yummy chinese food there. Well there wasn't. So off I went to walk around the town to see the historic buildings. On main st. I stopped by Bear Paw Cafe for some food, it was not the chinese I was craving, but it was food.
So I went off on my own. My first stop was the outlet mall. It was a sad outlet mall compared to what we have in Texas. But it was nice to be able to go to DownEast Basics and Shade and actually try their clothes on! I learned that Shade does not fit me well at all, which is sad because I like their clothes online. I also got Bryan's gift since we have him for Christmas this year.
After the mall I headed over to historic St. George. At first I went to Ancestor's Square because I was told there was yummy chinese food there. Well there wasn't. So off I went to walk around the town to see the historic buildings. On main st. I stopped by Bear Paw Cafe for some food, it was not the chinese I was craving, but it was food.
I loved the architecture details of the building, and it was nice to be able to sit down and just listen without rushing around. Sister Henry was so sweet, I just loved her.

Woodward School
I walked all the way up to the Brigham Young Winter Home, and along the way saw all the homes on 100 West. None of them I could go into.
I just loved all the yellow leaves in St George! And Brigham Young's home was just so pretty. I made it for the last tour!
After it got dark, I headed back to the condo to see if Tyler would come with me to a Christmas concert at the tabernacle that night. The dang game wasn't over so I went by myself again. While I was at the tabernacle, Sister Henry who had given me the tour of the tabernacle earlier saw me and came to sit with me. Afterwards we went to dinner at her favorite place, the electric cafe. Her and her husband were so sweet and I really enjoyed having dinner with them and getting to know them.
This was by far my favorite day in St. George. I had such a good time learning all this church history. The Christmas program at the tabernacle was beautiful, and I just felt the spirit all day.
1 comment:
Fun! This makes me miss St. George!
Funny thing: I went to 6th grade at Woodward (all 6th graders from the county went there) and we would walk to Judd's for lunch. But only every other day. There were boy days and girl days. Otherwise the tiny store got too crowded. Good times. The most popular lunch was a bread sick with dipping cheese and an Icee. Gross. :)
Post a Comment