On Friday Tyler and I went on a special date to the Dallas Symphony for their Christmas concert.
We had never been to the DSO, and I had never been to a symphony ever. Tyler had attended it before in Utah. So we were both very excited.
Before the concert we went out to dinner at a yummy Italian restaurant called Terilli's that his co-worker recommended (thx Laura!).
They have these yummy Italian Nachos that they cleverly named Italchos. Laura said we absolutely had to try them, so we did.
It's kind of like pita chips with pesto, sun dried tomatoes, chicken, goat cheese, and artichokes. You can pick your toppings, but this was what we were assigned to try out. :-)
We had never been to the DSO, and I had never been to a symphony ever. Tyler had attended it before in Utah. So we were both very excited.
Before the concert we went out to dinner at a yummy Italian restaurant called Terilli's that his co-worker recommended (thx Laura!).
They have these yummy Italian Nachos that they cleverly named Italchos. Laura said we absolutely had to try them, so we did.
It's kind of like pita chips with pesto, sun dried tomatoes, chicken, goat cheese, and artichokes. You can pick your toppings, but this was what we were assigned to try out. :-)
Tyler and I shared dinner and had the chicken terilli. He also had a cream of jalapeno soup that he loved... I found it too spicy.
Off we went to the symphony. We were early and it was good because we got a chance to walk around and take pictures.
We had very front row off to the side seats. We decided when we go next we need to sit further up and center.
After wards I was craving dessert. So my sweet husband took me to get some at a bakery in uptown that we found on our handy dandy phones.
Tyler got an eggnog cheesecake and I got a red velvet cake. I was so sad. It was the worst cake I've ever had, so dry and not chocolaty enough. Tyler wasn't happy with his either.
On Saturday we had tickets for the Radio City Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes. We had tickets to the 2:00pm show because of an oops while searching/buying tickets. It was okay though. We survived. I had a hard time staying awake since I'm usually sleeping at that time.
On Saturday we had tickets for the Radio City Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes. We had tickets to the 2:00pm show because of an oops while searching/buying tickets. It was okay though. We survived. I had a hard time staying awake since I'm usually sleeping at that time.
We did enjoy the show a lot. It was much better than what we had expected and their live nativity is amazing. If they come back to Dallas next year we'll be going again, but next time I won't mess up our tickets and we'll go at 8:00pm!
After the show I was starving and craving Mexican. I took a chance and we went to a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant to another disappointing food experience. I need to quit believing the google places app on my phone!
It was a busy weekend, but so much fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment