Friday, January 2, 2009

Pre-Utah Trip Activities: Texas Christmas with The Masseys

We had Christmas with the Massey's on Monday (Dec 15th) before we left. I had spent all Sunday and all Monday finishing the darned truffles and I was still not done by the time they got here in the evening for FHE and gifts.

So I put them to work. I had them close all the bags and attach the little card to it. Later that evening Tyler and I went around to give the truffles to half of the street and it was freezing! Tyler finished giving them away by himself the following evening on Tuesday. It was on Monday that I started feeling yucky and the outing did not help matters. But in the end we gave away our lovely truffles and I was proud that I did it.

We then did gifts! We gave Carly and Kevin a much needed new toaster oven!

They gave us a blender that doubles as a food processor. We don't have a picture of us opening it because I seem to be the only one that remembers to take pictures, so since i was opening it, there are no pictures.

Tyler got his Wii!!!!

Please note the excitement on his face.

There's a good story behind this baby. I knew I wanted to get Tyler a Wii for Christmas since the Summer. I saved up enough money for it and talked to daddy about buying in October or so. Daddy said that by then I'd have a tough time finding one. So one hot summer day in late July I had finished getting my eyebrows done and right next to the salon is a gamestop. I decided to stop by and see if they had any. The lady said she only had two, so on an impulse I got it right then and there. I figured that the money was set aside for it anyway and I might as well get it then. I came home super giddy because Tyler had no idea I had "sneaked" this money. I even wrote a check so it wouldn't show up on our bank account. The Wii was under our bed for all the months until around Dec 3rd when I wrapped it and put it under the tree. I know. I'm the coolest wife ever.

The boys went immediately to set it up.


And of course... give it a go.

And here's Ethan playing with April under the table. He's such a funny kid!



We had a lovely evening with them. We also had a Christmas lesson for FHE in there. The following day I had a fever and felt miserable and that kept on happening until we left for Utah. Tyler was over being sick by Tuesday.

Next up... Utah TRIP!

No comments: