Sunday, January 18, 2009

Why do I always do this!!

When we moved to Texas in 2006 I had a heck of a time transferring credits. Why? Well because Texas is weird. They require six credit hours of Texas Government and History and another six of US government and history. I retook several classes and fought a few others to get credit. I even took all those government classes!

I applied to nursing school three times before I got in and started it. One of the support courses for the program was speech. I got points towards my nursing school application for my speech class taken in Florida the summer before we got married. I was good.



That is until i got my nursing degree plan and they said that I was missing a speech class. Why crazy lady in the admissions office who has already given me trouble for a chemistry class that was a PRE-REQUISITE for nursing school, and said AFTER I was in my second semester in nursing school that the chemistry class wasn't good, why must you torture me!??? You see I've come to talk to you several times now about classes and I'm starting to get really annoyed. You know I was out of school a full semester waiting to start this darn nursing program and now that I'm at the end of it I'm missing Speech!! SPEECH!!! You tell me that my class in Florida was Public Speaking and it's a higher class that the DANG SPEECH CLASS!!!! Are you freaking kidding me??

Now fellow readers... this is true. I have not been able to win the fight yet. I am kind of stuck since I am not in Texas and can't go down to the admissions office and ring some people's necks. I've been told by my professors that this has happened before because of the Communications department chair person. So much so that for the new nursing class they've taken speech out completely out of the requirements and just have a humanities requirement. Well nursing instructors I have over THIRTY humanities classes because I have taken over 120 credit hours and I have an Associates in Arts from this same college. No bending rules for me huh!!??!! Right. Because you've also changed the amount of clinical hours, and that whole thing so changing the catalog date on my degree plan would still make me unable to graduate!!!!

You see I've known about this speech class since last semester, but I've been kind of hoping if I didn't do anything about it, it'd just disappear off of my degree plan. But no... it's still there. I checked it tonight. Why did I wait until the very last minute to think that daydreaming and wishing it'd go away wouldn't help??? I know why.... because I didn't want to go argue for the tenth time about transfer credits! And because I'm terrified to find out that I have to take Speech! And because I'm stupid.

So I'll register. I'll attend the first day of class, and then I'll march into the admission office and give them a speech alright.

PS: Prayers appreciated. lol

3 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

Oh my dear! You are too adorable. I hope they let you get away with not taking it!

Liz said...

Wow. You tell 'em! I hope they don't make you take it. You've definitely taken your share of public speaking/speech classes:)

Merkley Jiating said...

Sometimes I could feel the boat rocking but I never really felt sick at all! Sometimes if I was hot it was a little dizzying though. The sickest I felt was after we got home and I was still rocking. Are you all better now?