Park City Day Trip!
I decided to be adventurous and try their Niku Udon. It was good, but not as yummy as Tyler's burger. Just not my thing. They were some pretty yummy noodles.
After yummy lunch we went to visit the Utah Olympic Park. Tyler really wanted to watch the Bobsledding practice, but all the events were canceled because it was super duper windy. We first looked around the museum from the 2002 Winter Olympics really quick while we waited for our tour. We got in a bus and got some facts and explanations of all the sports, practice, maintenance of the training facility. It was pretty cool. And oh soooo cold!!!










Like I said before nobody was around practicing because of the windy conditions. Afterwards we headed back to the museum and looked around some more. We then went to Park City's main street. Our original plan was to have dinner there, but it was super cold, and beyond slushy. Tyler and I were not dressed for slushiness and that cold weather. Neither one of us has snow boots, so I got hesitant and after a few close calls on falling on my butt we had some hot chocolate at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and walked back to our car. It is very cute and the Christmas lights were adorable, silly me got no pictures I think I was too worried about staying warm and not falling. I'd love to go back to Park City with some snow boots on and stay there a couple of days.

I was super excited about our little day trip up to Park City. I had only been there before to go to the outlet malls which are amazing. This time though we went to see some sights. The drive up there was slow because it was rather snowy and our rental car didn't have any deicer in it. lovely. Thanks Thrifty Car Rental. So when we got there we got some at a gas station real quick, then headed to the visitors center. We left Layton pretty late so once we decided what to do we went to a late lunch around 2:30pm to a place called Hapa Grill that the lady at the visitor's center recommended. It had Utah's best burger (voted 2006) which Tyler was glad to try.
We drove home and it was snowy coming down the canyon. We got pizza at Papa Murphy's and brought it over to the fam. Tyler watched the BYU game with his brothers and I went to Hiltons and made apple pie dough and chatted with mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment