We left home for our flight around 11am. Kevin was kind enough and drove us to the airport. It was pretty busy, but not nearly as busy as I thought it would be. Maybe because it was a Thursday. Tyler and I have a "tradition" that we started when we traveled together for the first time to Brazil. We get
McDonalds at the airport before we fly. I thought it was great, you know, since
McDonalds is like the Starbucks of fast food. Well I was wrong I guess! They didn't have Mickey Dees at our terminal, and they didn't either at the one we were in SLC!!! I was seriously disappointed! So at the DFW airport we settled for less and got
Burger King. I was super giddy to be going to Utah though.


I had a terrible flight. I was nauseated the entire time! Seriously... holding puke bag the entire time. I have never been sick on a flight before, but I was super stuffed up and sick still so it could have been because of that. We also had the very last seats next to the bathroom. Tyler was the official bathroom keeper, every person that came through would ask him if the bathroom was available. And the flight attendant felt the need to tease me through most of the flight, including when I got up to go to the bathroom and he and Tyler thought it'd be very very funny to lock me in there by pulling the flight attendant seat in front of it.
We got to Utah to fresh snow! I was super excited to see snow. Oh how I missed it. Snow and I are best friends. But I was even more excited to meet awesome Emily!!! We got our rental car and headed to Layton real quick and dropped off our stuff, and headed back to SLC to meet Sam and Em. We went to
The Gateway and had dinner at
Tucano's. It was so nice to finally meet Emily! We then headed over to
Temple Square to see the lights.










It was freezing, but it felt so nice. I just love the cold weather. We headed back to The Gateway and got some hot chocolate at
Starbucks and then decided to watch
"Four Christmases" at the Cinemark there. I just loved hanging out with them so much. I had a blast. I was sad to leave. I'm so glad we finally got to meet, and hopefully we'll see them some other time wherever it is that they end up.
We were pretty tired by the time we got back to Layton, but very happy to be there.
1 comment:
Hello! It was so fun to meet you! It looks like we will be going to the Chicago area for the summer. We haven't found out about grad school yet though!
Post a Comment