Monday, January 12, 2009

Utah Trip: Day Ten (Saturday)

We were supposed to go skiing again today, but Tyler forbade me. I had a pretty bad night of coughing my guts out and woke up feeling pretty crappy. It would have also still be really hard to get up to the resorts with our little car.

Tyler ended up going to visit Sonya and Carlos while I stayed and slept longer. He met them right when he got home from his mission and they're really sweet.

Once he got back, the plan was to go to do sealing at the Bountiful temple where we were sealed. We made it up there, but ended up not going in because I wasn't feeling the greatest and was very hungry. We just walked around the temple grounds and took cute pictures of us. It was beautiful with all the fresh snow.







So after spending some time there we headed to Salt Lake because I was craving Mexican at a place I didn't know what was called. We drove around forever trying to find it and never did. So we ended up at PF Changs. Neither one of us had ever been to it, but I always heard really good things about it. We had to wait 30 minutes to be seated and while we waited the place continued to get packed with people and 15 minutes before we got seated we heard the wait time was 2 hours!! And people were waiting! Tyler and I were thinking that the food must be pretty darn good for people to wait that long. We had a special they had and got 2 soups, 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, and 2 mini-desserts. I got beef broccoli and Tyler got almond and cashew chicken. It was good chinese, but we both agreed that it wasn't the best we've ever had. We agreed that Chef Chen by our house in Texas and Golden Dynasty in Ogden were much better. It was still fun to go and try it out though.

In the middle of our meal his family called and said that everyone was over for cake and ice cream since his mom had made two apple cakes that day for his birthday. He had some of both before we went to the Bountiful temple and we had no idea people were coming over for it. We felt bad, but we didn't know. We got home around 8:30pm and Kim was gone already because of kid's bedtimes. We hung out and watched another Christmas movie for the rest of the evening.

No comments: