Sunday, January 11, 2009

Utah Trip: Day Nine (Friday)

Tyler's Birthday

We had a very busy day for Tyler's birthday. He turned 28! Bear with me with the million of pictures. We were supposed to go skiing, but things were shut down because of snow (read... we couldn't get up to the resorts with our little Ford Focus)

We started out the day by taking a trip to insta care. Since I spent the entire day before sleeping, I was feeling much better, but I knew I still needed some antibiotics. I told Tyler that if the wait was one hour or more then we'd leave and I'd just go to the doctor when we got back. Seriously. By then I had been sick for eleven days... what was another 3 or 4?? nothing. The wait was 60 minutes and I was suspicious of that even because there were lots of people there. Instead we headed over to Costa Vida for some lunch!

We then headed back to his parents house and picked up his mom so we could go to the Salt Lake City temple. We did a session with her and it was lovely. I really enjoyed having my mother-in-law with me during the session. And the live session is always fun.

We then headed to the Gallivan center to meet the rest of the family and to go ice skating outdoors!!! I was super excited that everyone came to do this activity with us and it was fun!



The family



Bryan, Kim, and Lisa


Lisa and Kali


Caden and Kim








Tyler's foggy glasses


After ice skating we headed over to The Pie Pizzeria. We were lucky enough to have Ron, Rita, and Erin and fam join us there. We had some seriously yummy pizza.


Carole and Kyle


Kyle and Bryan


Winmills and Denos


Lisa and Marissa


Kim, Caden, and Jace



his (fresh tomatoes) and hers (bacon and green olives)



Tyler didn't get a cake on his birthday or sung happy birthday. We are now even for my birthday. It was not intentional. He asked his mom to make him apple cake and we swept her away from cooking to go to the temple. He got cake the next day (two of them).

It was an amazing day. We really enjoyed ice skating with everyone and Tyler said it was his favorite day of the entire trip.

No comments: